Sorry for the absence from posts! Life has been so silly with internal medicine consuming my life. But now I’m almost done psychiatry, so that’s no excuse for no posts!
Here’s a quick and dirty recipe that’s also super yummy and addicting. It’s great for those hot days where you just don’t want to turn the oven on, because it’s a no-bake recipe!
The original recipe is from the Cooking Light website, but I ran out of peanut butter, so i cut back on the recipe and added a more solid layer of chocolate on top (here you’re just supposed to drizzle it).
These no-bake bars come together quickly with common pantry ingredients. Make sure the cereal is well crushed (try packing it in a sealed zip-top plastic bag and using a rolling pin) so it incorporates into the peanut butter mixture.
– 1 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 3/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
– 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) chopped lightly salted, dry-roasted peanuts
– 3 1/2 cups (4 ounces) whole-grain flaked cereal (such as Total), finely crushed
– 1/3 cup (2 ounces) chopped dark chocolate
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 4 minutes or just until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in peanuts and cereal. Spread mixture evenly into a 13 x 9–inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Place the dark chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring every 20 seconds. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut mixture. Score into 36 bars while warm.
*I made these bars much smaller, bite-sized pieces because they’re very rich…so I probably got 40-50-some bars, and I didn’t even completely fill up the 13×9 inch pan! Make sure you grease the pan really well so that you can get them out. YUM!